The Social Movements Reader, provides the most important and readable articles and book selections on recent social movements from around the world.
- With selected readings and editorial material this book combines the strengths of a reader and a textbook
- Reflects new developments in the study of social movements, both empirical and theoretical
- Provides original texts, many of them classics in the field of social movements, which have been edited for the non-technical reader
- Sidebars offer concise definitions of key terms as well as biographies of famous activists and chronologies of several key movements
- Requires no prior knowledge about social movements or theories of social movements