Everyone can be a villager even if you live in a town. It’s a way of being: a villager is someone who is part of the local community, and someone who supports the community by making its views heard. A villager
- supports the local community
- lives in harmony with nature
- does dirty, physical heavy work . . . , and enjoys it!
- expresses their views in a diplomatic, non-violent way
- teaches others through example
- treats all children as their own
To see more what we are all about visit openworld villages info site.
We are responding to the twin challenges of creating settlements that function with a minimum of oil, and the demand for closer-to-nature lifestyles, investments and business models. The Eco-village will be a place of harmony, tranquility and closeness to nature, an affordable alternative to an increasingly crowded and stressed modern city life.